Monday, August 29, 2005

No time, no time...must dash!

Have been busy today. Professors making us do homework and write computer programs and stuff. One lovely professor has us doing binary arithmetic and base changes by hand. You can only see so many 10001110's before your eyes go funny! Hex is real fun because once you figure out what the equivalent number is (0-15) you then have to decide if it is 0-9 or A-F. Next thing you know they will be expecting me to take tests and stuff! They should be paying me!

Decided to avoid the dance today and find a computer somewhere other than the library. I decided to go to the lab in Middlebush - big mistake! I ended up next to the guy with the plague or SARS or something - the one that hacks and splutters constantly. This dude didn't cough into his hand, but instead had the novel idea of burying his chin inside the neck of his t-shirt. Then at the back was the guy with big hair and even bigger headphones. This bloke looked like he had two trashcan lids strapped to either side of his head! Oh well, at least I did not have to listen to the usual tinny tsh tsh tsh that normally comes out: these headphones transmitted a bit of bass across the room also.

Got another weird person in one of my classes, kept looking around and muttering something about the Tab-key, very disturbing...

Anyway, I am back in the library now, or for some students- the University Doss House. On some days I see more people sleeping in here than working. Maybe it's like the people who sleep through lectures, I often wonder if they take that subliminal learning idea a little too seriously.

Got to work this evening, though I only have to work one more time and this is the last time I have to work till nine! Happy! My current job is not too bad, I just don't like doing boring work when I am tired and hungry. I could be using that time to be doing something fun like binary arithmetic! At least I get to do that on a full stomach...Maybe I should invent a device to do binary arithmetic for me. Hmmm, maybe if I make it out of tiny electrical circuits formed by doping silicon...It would be tiny and process numbers for me....I could name it a microprocessor. I could make millions...

Finally, I heard a rumor that someone I know has been hailing the virtues of a device known as a Swiffer Wet-Jet. I have been conducting (forced) product testing of this device at least once per week for some years now, and have concluded that it sucks. Well, actually, it doesn't suck, that's the problem. It blows might be a better way of describing it. In fact, rather than removing particulate matter from my bathroom floor, I think it initiates some kind of atomic conversion using the vinyl floor and the vacuum energy of space, resulting in the creation of new particulate matter. Said matter coalesces via some kind of mechanism resulting from electromagnetic force into dark blue fluff that can only be removed by placing a hydrated kitchen towel in right hand and holding body parallel to floor, then moving ones hand in a circular motion.

If I have to get on my hands and knees and scrub after I have used a so-called ‘time saving’ device, whereas before I did not, then the device is clearly not time saving! Those things should come with a warning “For use on clean floors only”. Maybe I’m the timesaving device?! Oooh, deep man…!


-Radix

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home