Thursday, August 25, 2005

[Your Name Here. Only $299.95]

Hello! Day 2 I think (no this is not Big Brother!). Had some feedback from wife - thinks my name is nerdy. Apparently wife sister think so too. I thought I explained! The problem is that I could not think of anything interesting. I could have been boring and used my initials (no offence to JJ ;) In fact I tried! Kept giving me error messages when I tried "User Name in use, stop being so un-original!". I don't have a nick-name I could use (none that I want to share anyway). I had thought of a cunning trick using some symbols instead of letters. So you would have gotten somethin' like ЯаДїא, 'cept it would be my initials. Problem is that it would probably not work on some browsers or something, or maybe even crash your 'puter if you have a mac! I suppose I could have been CS45214524_4412, maybe no-one would have taken that one!What the hell would you have me be called anyway? Probably something stupid like little green monkey or cutesy like Kitty or some crap like that! Though stripey rat might be a good one :p

Nothing really annoyed me at work yesterday, no-one asked me to help them find a book, though you hear some interesting stories from the librarians.

"Can you help me find a book? I saw someone reading it when I was on vacation last year and it looked interesting"

"Certainly Madam, do you know the author?"

"dunno, it's a green book...Had red letters on it..."

"Oh, err...do you happen to know what the book it about?"

"Think it was something to do with this woman and this guy or something, guy's name began with a' P', maybe a 'D' "

Or the most recent:

"'scuse me, could you get some books for me"

"Sure, which ones?"

" Well, I am not sure, I returned them by mistake about ten minutes ago, then I realized I hadn't read any of them"

Aaah, working around the great unwashed public, what a joy!

-Radix (aka: little green monkey)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home