Sunday, August 28, 2005

Vino!

Going to Hermann today to eat lunch, and hopefully drink some wine too. There are some (un)amusing jokes I could have made with wine and whine, but I haven't had my coffee yet, so am lacking inspiration, oh and I am not supposed to mention a certain somebody who unfortunately would have been the perfect subject of my whine/wine jokes.

Interesting thing I found out today: you can get Meet the Press on a podcast, it's on the MSNBC website or something. I watched the show so don't need the podcast (I also have a slow as shit tinternet connection and don't need to be tryin' to download hour-long MP3 tracks). I wonder if they leave the commercials in, you know, those stupid "we're a great company" commercials? The ones that fail to mention that said company is probably exploiting workers and shitting on the planet in general. The Kerr McGee (or whatever they're called) ones annoy me the most. They show some little pipe sticking out of the ground in some Artic scene in order to give the impression they have minimal impact. Bullshit! BP have one too where they act all enviromentally friendly - yeah right! They're the worlds second largest company (not far behind the lovely walmart) and they are responsible for pumping a lot crap in the oceans, skies and probably in our bodies too.

I am not a total hippie or anything, not going to start supporting Nader just yet, I just think that if you are taking a big dump on the planet, don't try and upset me of a Sunday morning by pretending you love all the little (intelligently designed;) critters etc. etc.

Upon that happy note I shall leave you all to what remains of your Sunday.

-Radix

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home